Your exercise and activity choice
- Do some exercise or activity every day.
- Do some type of cardiovascular endurance fitness exercise 3-4 days per week.
- Increase your overall activity level by increasing steps every day in any way that you can (A step counter can help).
- Vary your daily exercise and activities by choosing to do some different aerobic conditioning (walking, swimming, cycling), weight training, stretching and recreational activities.
- Your activity should occur throughout the day, before and after meals, in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- Continuous sitting periods should not exceed one hour. Take “activity breaks” of at least 5 minutes each hour and MOVE AROUND!!
- Try to be involved in some type of regular, group activity with friends or other groups of people.